Journalist and Research Permits
- All foreign companies, groups or individuals who seek permission to undertake assignments as journalists, photographers, film/video producers, mass media researchers or book writers should apply for a "journalist permit".
- The application form, two passport size photos, a copy of a valid passport and a press card have to be submitted to the Tanzanian Authorities one month prior to your arrival in Tanzania.
Journalist permit application (PDF,3pages,25kt)
- It is mandatory that the form get endorsed by the nearest Tanzanian Embassy! Below is the address of the Embassy of Tanzania in Sweden:
Embassy of Tanzania
Näsby Allé 6, 183 55 Täby, Stockholm, Sweden
Tel. +46-8-732 2430 or 732 8311, Fax: +46-8-732 2432
- Once this is done, kindly send the form duly filled and endorsed together with the enclorues to the following address:
Tanzania Information Services
P.O.Box 9142, Dar es Salaam (Plot no. 2271/32, Samora Avenue)
Tel. +255-22-2122 771/3, -2110 585, -2110 200, -2137 675
Fax: +255-22-2113 814, -2124 812, -2112 2850
- For those who are sponsored by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, the Embassy of Finland in Dar es Salaam will assist with permit procedures.The contact person is Ms. Aisha Said, Tel. +255-22-2196 565, Email:AishaAbdallah.Said@formin.fi
- Should you wish to visit other parts of Tanzania apart from Dar es Salaam, mention them on your application form. Especially visits to national parks need additional permit from the Tanzania National Parks, TANAPA
- If you are planning to bring professional equipments for your interview, please attach the packing list indicating the value of each item. Then liaise with Tanzania Revenue Authority and apply for temporary importation of your equipments to prevent the payment of taxes.
Tanzania Revenue Authority
P.O.Box 11491, Dar es Salaam
Tel. +255-22-2119 591 – 4, hotlines: - 2137 701, -2137 703, -2125 504
Fax: +255-22-2124 466
Information on the application procedure is available in the website of the Tanzania Commission of Science and Technology